Wednesday 18 March 2020

Songs to review conditional sentences

Dear students,

Find below links to different songs to review the conditional sentences, so that you can remember the different structures better. Although I chose intermediate level for you, remember you can choose an easier or more challenging level for you in Lyrics Training.

1st type of conditional sentences:

If present --> future or Future --> if present
Song: If you leave me now, by Chicago.
If you leave me now... you'll take away the biggest part of me
It is an old song, a ballad. I hope you like it.
Try it with Lyrics training.

2nd type of conditional sentences:

If past--> conditional  or Conditional ---> if past
Song: If a were a boy, by Beyoncé.
If a were a boy... I would turn off my phone.
Try it with Lyrics training

3rd type of conditional sentences:

If past perfect --> conditional perfect or Conditional perfect if past perfect
Song: If it hadn't been for love, by Adele.
If it hadn't been for love, never woulda caught the train to Louisian'. (That 'woulda' is in spoken English, in written English it would be 'would have'
Sorry, I'm afraid you cannot practise it with Lyrics Training. :-( Find the video below:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment